Friday, June 26, 2009

Ten

I skipped Nine because it has been a while since I have written here. I thought that was appropriate. During the past four months, my life has changed multiple times, marked by three important events which have shaped the end of my college career and the beginning of my medical career next year.

Number one, I graduated from Princeton. In itself an achieve, receiving a degree from Princeton University has been a dream for many and a reality for only a few. I am honored to become part of the Princeton tradition. During graduation celebrations, plump and bittersweet strawberries were served at each and every event, reminding us that such luxuries that the University can (afford to) offer will soon be obsolete. It was a time for lukwarm amigos to realize how much they mean to each other, and a time for the closest friends to hug, cry, kiss, and make tentative plans to meet sometime within the next few months or years. It was a good time and it was beautiful.

Number two, I will be going to Yale next year for medical school. If you knew me during that week in which I found out that I no longer had to look for an apartment in Houston, you would have thought I was bonkers. For many reasons, the Yale acceptance has made my life more manageable. It is only a three hour train ride from the Princeton area, for example, or a less than three hour drive from my house. Yale is not too shabby of a school either.

Number three, I found someone to share these times with. Many people have told me that in order to find someone, I had to stop actively looking for a relationship. They were right. I stopped, I was surprised, and then I fell in love. She is a beautiful girl and I am a lucky guy.

Till next time, folks.

-B

1 comment: